Design Assistant — Full Time
We produce original Australian furniture, selling mainly to interior designers and architects in Australia and internationally. Our mission is to create a global Australian design brand that represents the best in Australian design. Our goal is simple. Provide designers with the ability to do what they love, produce great work and inspire our customers with accessible, world class design.
We continue to expand into both local and international markets and this exciting growth means we need to grow our team as we continue to invest in exciting new products and marketing initiatives.
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with friendly, efficient and helpful service. To produce great work, you need a great team who love what they do, enjoy working together, motivate each other and are always striving for new challenges and improvements. We hope this is you!
About The Role
You will be part of a team in charge of coordinating the smooth delivery of projects, developing new products, updating existing products and marketing activities. The role is a mix of working autonomously as well as closely with all other team members. Being part of a small growing business, you will be encouraged to suggest ideas and implement changes. We value input from all team members and enjoy working together to achieve our goals.
• Generate 3D CAD files of new designs.
• Update Existing 3D CAD files of current designs.
• Create and update 2D Drawings.
• Generate concept CAD variation models based on designers' direction.
• Technical research related to new product sizes, price and materials.
• Generate specification drawings and files of custom designs for manufacture or client sign off.
• Generate, update and maintain packaging specifications.
• Generate QC documents and assist with QC activities.
• Assist Marketing Manager with all digital and print assets including, but not limited to, photo retouching, specification sheets and 3D file exports.
• Contribute to design meetings and work with the design team on product development.
• Product testing and prototype feedback documentation.
• Maintain website assets and assist with website maintenance.
• Generate product renderings.
• 3D Print concept models and create / assemble any prototypes.
• Generate files to be used for the in-house CNC machine.
Excellent Solidworks and Adobe Suite competency.
Be an excellent communicator, well presented and with a great phone and email manner.
Ideally, some industry experience.
Ensure the smooth delivery of custom projects.
Organised with a high attention to detail.
On the rare occasion, be able to assist with any assembly or site visits.
Ability to create new initiatives and implement strategies to improve operations.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have good communication skills.
A consistently solid work ethic.
Able to work well as part of a dedicated team.
Abilities to prioritise and multitask on a daily basis.
Valid working visa and driver's license.
Experience working in the furniture industry is ideal but not required.
Quick learner and open to further training and career development.
Down to earth, fun and ambitious.
Must be able to tell one good joke a week through either memes, gifs or interpretive dance.
Please email email@example.com with Subject: Design Assistant
Portfolio / Resume attachment must not exceed 7MB.
Applications close - 20th December 2021 or earlier if applicant is selected prior.
Successful applicants will start in the New Year.
Attention to - Nicholas Karlovasitis
Interviews will be organised upon successful application in person or via Google Meet. Please provide any availability information for an interview or questions regarding the role.